View Poll Results: Who would fly to Chattanooga to see the George?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely!

2 40.00%
  • Maybe!

2 40.00%
  • Probably Not.

1 20.00%
  • Definitely NO... Too far to fly the Icon

1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 38 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Possible Icon Swarm in Marion County TN. October 2024

Hello Everyone,

N324MN and N162BA will be performing a recon trip June 14, 15 and 16 to Camp (Marion County Park w/ Boat Ramp) and fly "the TN River Gorge" near Chattanooga TN. Cristina and I will camp with Bronco ground support and investigate the 2 boat ramps for Icon-ability. There is ample parking near the ramps for folded birds (20 plus each). The KAPT airport is 2NM NW of the park. We will fly the Gorge into Alabama and back and look for boating marinas or Aircraft marinas to stop for a bite. By the time we drive/fly back on the 16th, we should have enough intelligence to plan a swarm in October timeframe when we are back from the lakes (in Canada).

If weather does not allow for the camping trip, I will fly down from Knoxville on another day in June to do pure recon.

Stand-by for more info. For those of you not familiar with the Gorge, it is a breathtaking part of the TN river with steep granite walls and dozens of sweeping banks. I will have all 3 GoPros recording the trip and if Jack is in the lead, we will have some nice George/Icon footage.

I will report back after the trip.
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 38 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    I am leaving in an hour for Marion County. He is a picture of the Boat Ramp. It show 46ft Pole to pole. Will verify today.
    Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 06.43.17.png
Views: 9
Size:  879.3 KB

ALSO FOUND A GREAT PLACE TO MOOR AND EAT ON THE RIVER! They even have floating bungalows for those who want to stay on the water
    Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 7.25.16?AM.png
Views: 9
Size:  146.8 KB
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 38 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Just arrived!

Hey everyone, I just arrived at Marion County Park. The boat ramp was perfect. There’s room for about 22 icons. The people were very friendly and understanding of the airplane.
    Name:  IMG_2262.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  3.05 MB