1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 36 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

My Battery and Land Aircraft lights Flash super fast every 15-20 minutes

Hello,

I was doing Foggles work last week in my Icon and I noticed (since I was staring at the attitude indicator) that, my Battery and Land Aircraft lights flash for 1/10 second or less every 20 minutes or so. Has anyone experienced this?
  2. Username Protected
    Icon Expert

Thanked 60 times
    Icon Enthusiast
    Michel, this was a common problem a long time ago. It’s entirely a nuisance but I’m 99% sure it was fixed with a DAC software change quite a while ago. You might dig through your log books to see what the version of the DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) Software (SW) was last installed. I’ve been gone for over 2 years and don’t remember those kind of details of which software drop had what change but at the very least you should have DAC SW 3.28 or whatever is the latest. This version is an important drop and would also contain the nuisance Battery Land Aircraft flicker taken care of as well. https://www.iconaircraft.com/wp-cont...070120-A-2.pdf. You might also check with the service team at ICON to see if there is an even newer version. Icon will likely just send you the software on a DAC memory unit to flash the DAC then you just reinstall your old memory unit. That all said, I’m not sure how they are handling this kind of stuff anymore.

Hope that helps.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 36 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    That is great news. I will speak to James about updating my DAC when he swaps-out my parachute this fall. Thanks Bret.