1. Username Protected
    Icon Expert

Thanked 56 times
    Icon Enthusiast

Garmin Mandatory Service Bulletin for G3X Auto Pilot Auto Trim

New Mandatory Service Bulletin recently came out yesterday for the operators of the Garmin G3X with GSA28 Servos connected to pitch trim actuators. (this is the hardware configuration in the A5's equipped with Autopilots). There a software effectivity and I don't know the current software levels if the G3X equipped A5's, but posted here for everyone's awareness. If It applies, I would presume ICON would post a Notification, Bulletin, or Safety Directive on the subject with complying instructions.

https://atlaske-content.garmin.com/f...9664159303.pdf
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Bret - thanks for the heads. I keep track on the Garmin G3X releases and 9.12 was just released on Nov 28, 2022. My plane is at the service center now for the autopilot re-install so have not had a chance to try 9.12 yet.

I am hoping that 9.12 made Lane B ECU data optional. Ever since 8.91 I have seen a permanent ENGINE ECU CAS message, because ICON isn't sending data from Lane B into the G3X (it goes to the dash lights instead).

If not resolved yet hopefully this forced software update will cause ICON to prioritize the request to Garmin (I have been bugging them both for a year).

Name:  7cc182ab-4aae-44b3-8c54-d699f0abf1f4.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  399.2 KB

Name:  System Info New Load-1.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  327.2 KB
    St Petersburg, FL - N1BA #140 Icon G3x & N329MC Phenom 300
  3. Username Protected
    Icon Expert

Thanked 56 times
    Icon Enthusiast
    Oh that's interesting that Garmin finally is asking for both CAN buses now. That's good and as you pointed out now bad. I don't remember how the CAN wiring from the ECU gets into the G3X (i've been gone now for almost 1.5 years) but its very likely solvable. The DAC (that Controls the panel lights among lots of other things) has both CAN buses into it. Its not a if/or thing both G3X and the DAC can have both channels it just needs to be wired that way. Gonna have to talk with ICON on that one or hope Garmin give you the option to only have one. My guess is ICON is working on it as it's probably effecting the new production planes too unless they made a wiring harness change.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    According to Daniel at TPF, Garmin G3X Touch 9.14 (released last week) finally solved the ECU alert issue!

https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...ls.jsp?id=8901
    St Petersburg, FL - N1BA #140 Icon G3x & N329MC Phenom 300