1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Icon A5

Buying Timeline

So, I'm sitting down here on Captiva Island in Florida on vacation. These kind of vacations always get me thinking of the Icon A5. Would be just perfect down here!

As I sit here thinking how I'm getting older by the day my thoughts naturally drift to Icon A5. I'm turning 60 this year so time is getting even more precious.

Anyway, I'm trying to get a picture of where Icon is as a company. I've read the Wikipedia page along with a couple magazine articles. Most of this seems to date back a few years.

My question, therefore, is Icon able to deliver airplanes? Are they going to make it as a company?

I gotta say, there sounds like a lot of drama dealing with Icon, the company.

Just what could I expect, if I ordering a plane today, in terms of delivery. A year? Two? In reality, even longer? Or, should I just start looking for a used A5 just to avoid all the delays?

Thanks for the advice,
    Jim
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Jim,

In an email I received from the CEO this morning he stated that the “delivery backlog now runs through September of 2022.” I don’t know about the long term financials about the company, but it sure is a fun plane to fly.
    St Petersburg, FL - N1BA #140 Icon G3x & N329MC Phenom 300