1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 16 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Actual chute repacks done?

For those of you that already have had their repacks done can I ask that you post on here who did your repack and how it went?

I ask because today after contacting who Icon suggested I learned from the service provider that they have yet to do a repack, don't know what will be required, how long it will take, or how much it will cost. They also stated that it has been "very difficult" to get the information from Icon they need in order to do the service.

I really don't want to be anyone's guinea pig ...
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Mandy sent me to Jimmy Andrews [email protected] . His experience with BRS chutes in military aircraft was comforting. The new chute was ordered and part of a very long, very expensive trip through all that needed to be done @ 5 years and things that needed doing like the nose gear limit switch upgrade and engine hose replacement. He was VERY thorough, finding things not well done on previous annuals by the local maintenance staff.Overall cost was around $26k including a new altimeter and some minor airframe repairs. The plane has been flying very well since.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    I had Jimmy do mine in December 2023 and he did a great job as with everything else!!
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 35 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    My Repack was done 6 months after my annual along with a new Altimeter, New Exhaust System, and Radiator Core. Jimmy did all the work. He is very efficient and takes the time to explain everything.