Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 8 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Yeah, I got the 4-blade out of the factory, so I just need the POH and the VGs. My ICON comes off Demo lease next month and will have the mod stuff done during turnover maintenance. Work will be done here in Denton TX (KDTO) at US Sport Planes (ussportplanes.com , 940-597-6860). The mechanic is now an ICON Certified repair place, so I will have maintenance on the field. Anybody nearby who doesn't want to go to Tampa can swing up here to get work done.
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 18 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    So for those of us who didn't get the 4-blade on our original aircraft: Icon wants $6500 for the prop BUT AN EXTRA $5500 ON TOP OF THAT ($12000 TOTAL) IF YOU WANT THE 60 LB GROSS WEIGHT INCREASE! That's crazy
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 8 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Yeah, I guess if you don’t need the extra pounds that I would probably just do the Four blade because it definitely puts more pep in your step and is quieter..
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 37 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    I am happy to help refund all their development and testing hours to get the 60lbs added to my airworthiness certificate. If someone is 160lbs or less, maybe the extra gross weight is less important. At 200lbs, I will gladly pay for the engineering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12