1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 46 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Icon Canopy cover is great!

For the last few months I have kept my Icon on ramp at KSPG, and the first thing I did was to order the canopy cover from Icon. It is manufactured by Bruce Custom Covers so I knew it would be of great quality and it has not disappointed.

The canopy cover comes on and off really fast; I can get it off in a few seconds and probably half a minute to install. The engine cover is a bit more tricky (more straps and velcro) so I only put that on if I plan to leave the plane idle for a longer time.

Here is the description from Icon:

https://www.iconaircraft.com/a5/acce...-engine-cover/

The ICON Canopy Cover is designed to enclose the windshield, side windows, canopy roof, and extends forward over the nose of the aircraft. This one-piece cover is made from Solution-Dyed Polyester and custom-designed for the A5’s specific hull design. The outer material is medium weight and treated for water resistance, UV resistance and anti-static buildup. The cover is lined with 100% soft and smooth microfiber to prevent scratching. It attaches using adjustable straps with quick-release plastic buckles that run under the hull and around the aft fuselage. Elastic shock cord is enclosed in the hem of the cover to ensure a secure fit against the airframe and it comes with a small duffle bag for storage.

A canopy cover can help prevent damage to upholstery and avionics from heat and can help protect the canopy transparency and interior of the aircraft from the elements. Additionally, canopy covers keep the window surfaces clean and help prevent vandalism and theft.
    Name:  IMG_7707.jpeg
Views: 1283
Size:  1.29 MB

Name:  IMG_7708.jpeg
Size:  1.11 MB

And the engine cover:

Meant for outdoor storage, the ICON A5 Engine Cover encloses the entire engine cowling area on the A5, including the air intake. This one-piece cover is made from Solution-Dyed Polyester and was custom designed for the A5’s engine cowling and antennas. The outer material is medium weight and treated for water resistance, UV resistance and anti-static buildup. The cover is lined with 100% soft and smooth microfiber to prevent scratching. The cover cinches around the wing root and fastens using adjustable straps with quick-release buckles under each wing and with Velcro beneath the spinner. The engine cover has a Velcro strip on the leading edge and is designed to connect to either the all-weather or lightweight canopy cover.
    Name:  IMG_8915.jpeg
Views: 1284
Size:  590.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_8913.jpeg
Size:  1.04 MB
    St Petersburg, FL - N1BA #140 Icon G3x & N329MC Phenom 300
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 9 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    I haven't put mine on yet, it looks awesome!
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Be careful to clean the windshield first

Be sure to clean the windshield first. Even the slightest amount of dust will put tiny scratches/haze on the windshield. I left my cover on for a few weeks inside the hangar and the next time I flew there were noticeable swirls/scratches. The ICON Windshield is VERY susceptible to scratching, so even when cleaning it, be sure to use a very soft cloth and nothing abrasive.
    Safe flights!