1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

ForeFlight Weights and measures

I have been trying to figure out weights and measures in ForeFlight by inputting all POH data but keep getting errors. ForeFlight will not give me the CG diagram either. I’ve had multiple people from Icon helping and can’t seem to fix it. Ideas?
  2. Username Protected
    Icon Expert

Thanked 60 times
    Icon Enthusiast
    I built one years and years ago from scratch before Foreflight even recognized the A5 as an aircraft. Its totally doable. Here are my settings but they need to be adjusted for your aircraft.

Couple things that are a little funky.

1) Empty weight of the A5 without G3X is WITHOUT the GPS installed. So you need to make sure you add it if installed.

2) Doing the W&B without the windows is also a little funky as they are installed for the empty weight measurment. So the POH gives you -6.88 lbs and -882.1 in-lb net change of windows removed and defectors installed. That said you can't put a negative number into a line item in foreflight. So to make that work you would need to adjust down your empty weight and moment by the net of the windows and the deflectors so you can always just add them in if they are installed.

An example:

Weight (lb) Arm (in) Moment (in-lb)
    Aircraft Empty Weight 1072 163.264 175019.008
    NET Windows removed deflectors installed -6.88 -882.1
    New empty weight with windows removed deflectors installed 1065.12 163.4904 174136.908

Check it against a hand calc until you are satisfied its correct. And as always use at your own risk.
    https://plan.foreflight.com/wb/share...t/f03b62gsKLiK
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Greatly appreciate the info. I’ll give it a shot
  4. Username Protected
    Icon Expert

Thanked 60 times
    Icon Enthusiast
    @brent Woodard I did some editing to the post to expand it please re-read it. I can't get my example calculation screenshot to show up.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Its been a few years and I recall there are some nuances to the interface, but I got it done. The CG diagram looks exactly like the one in the POH. If you really get stuck, reach out and we could set up a video call to troubleshoot.