1. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

My first post

Hi everybody,

I am an owner from New York City. My plane, N574BA, is S/N 161. I got my plane at the end of September of 2022. California-based CFI Jenni Martin ferried it from Vacaville and trained me in it at my local airport, Danbury, CT (KDXR) and the surrounding lakes and rivers. I got my seaplane rating add-on last October, and have flown my plane for over 60 hours since then.

I was surprised to discover how many new friends I suddenly had, all wanting rides

I have mostly flown locally, with the occasional longer trip here and there. One notable trip was to the Philadelphia Seaplane Base, http://www.airnav.com/airport/9n2, which is wild, being so close to the departure end of Runways 27L and 27R at Philadelphia International Airport, so here I am, downwind, staying below 300ft above the river per the tower controller's clearance, with heavy jets taking off overhead.

Another interesting trip was to Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire. In winter time, weather permitting, Alton Bay, on the south end of the lake, is home to the Lower 48's only charted ice runway (to the best of my knowledge). I have landed on the ice several times in my other plane, a FlightDesign CTsw, in years past, but I always hoped that some day I will be able to fly in when the "runway" was liquid. With the Icon, I was finally able to do that last fall: .

Looking forward to connecting with fellow owners and pilots.

Happy flying!
    -yossi
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Welcome to IOPA Joseph

It sounds like you are enjoying your new aircraft. I look forward to reading about some of your adventures. Come on down to Eastern TN anytime. The rivers here are amazing to fly-on.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot
    Joseph,

Welcome to the association and looking forward to your contributions!
    St Petersburg, FL - N1BA #140 Icon G3x & N329MC Phenom 300