1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 44 times
    Icon A5 Owner & Pilot

Welcome to Icon Owners & Pilots Association (IOPA)!

Every great aircraft needs a type club. There is COPA for Cirrus, CJP for Citation, ABS for Bonanza, EJOPA for Eclipse, POPA for Pilatus, MMOPA for M-Class Pipers and dozens more (AOPA has completed a pretty complete list, and Flying recently did a great story on type clubs).

With over 140 Icon A5 built over the last six years, I think it is past time for Icon Owners to start their own type club. So welcome to IOPA - the Icon Owners & Pilots Association!

The goal of IOPA is to encourage communication between owners (sharing operational tips, amazing trips etc), building social connections, advocating on behalf of owners with the manufacturer, and helping buyers determine if the plane is a good fit for them.

Initially IOPA will be just this forum, which is free to join to encourage participation. If we can get sufficient members, we can later organize as a 501(c)(7) Social Club and elect a proper board etc.

Please encourage all Icon owners you know to join, and also anyone that is considering a new or used plane. One of the great benefits of a type clubs is that potential buyers can join and discover both the good and the bad about the aircraft and the support network behind it, before forking over hard earned of dollars. These potential buyers also reinvigorate the community by asking fresh questions.

A quick backgrounder on myself: Tech entrepreneur with ~2500 hrs ATP five type ratings. I learned to fly in 2008 in a Cirrus SR22, and by 2010 I had stepped up to an Eclipse Jet. I was on the board of the Eclipse Jet Owners & Pilots Association for seven years (serving three years as President). Since then I progressed to a Phenom 100 and finally a Phenom 300 (last year I launched PhenomPilots.org to reinvigorate that community). For fun planes I previously had a Carbon Cub, but switched to the Icon A5 in 2019 and having a blast with it. I recently took delivery of an Icon A5 G3x.

Welcome to IOPA!
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Icon A5
    Looking forward to your content!